Wednesday, February 5, 2014

   This is my new blog.Moreover, I am new to the idea of blogging.Last year at this time, I thought a blog was a miry place you grew cranberries in. Now it seems inevitable that I would have to use this medium of communication I have patiently waded through the set-up process to learn just how things work. I will give you some basics for navigating the swamp located at this end of the blogesphere, in case you are a newbie, like me.
   When you first arrive at the edge of the blog spot, you will see my "published" articles, by date, situated on the left side of the main page. You should not have to log into anything to see this, once you have followed the web address, WilliamRMorrow.blogspot.com.
   At the end of each of my postings, you will see a place for your contribution, "Post a comment" and a blank box in which to write your reactions, contributing ideas, comments, questions. Everyone who then visits my blog will see your comments. If you want your  comments to be private, you should not post here, but send me an email in the usual way: wmorrowmft@embarqmail.com.
   On the right side of the main page is the "Blog Archive" of previous posts by me, which may not show up until you click on one. Right now there are just a few, and they will all be visible as described above.
   There may be other useful things around the page to click on, but as a basic blogcommentator you probably wont need them. There is a way for you, the visitor, to create a direct path to this blog so you can access it readily, but I haven't figured that out yet. Good luck and let me know your feedback. I want it to be user friendly.May you always stand on solid ground, but don't be afraid to get your feet wet! This could be fun as well as enlightening for both of us.
  

3 comments:

  1. Excellent presentations. I could not find the blank box until I clicked on the "No Comments" line. Perhaps that is why you have not been getting any responses. Also, it will not let me publish until I select a profile. I don't understand what the profiles are so I selected anonymous. . Roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find blogging to be complicated, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note on the mechanics of commenting on my periodic blog posts:
    Ironically, if no one has yet commented on a particular post, you must click on "no comment" to get started. The click will get you a text box. After you have placed your comment in the text box, you will be asked to give your name or be "anonymous". If you give your name, you may or may not wish to add a "URL" address if you have one. This is optional. Next, click "Publish". But then you have to show you are not a robot, by typing in the stylized letters or numbers you see. Finally, publish and relish what you have written. I wish it were easier.

    ReplyDelete