Friday, April 14, 2017

My Blog is My New Publishing Outlet

As of April, 2017, I will no longer be seen on the pages of the Ft Myers News-Press. But , to continue to have an outlet for my thoughts, I am choosing to express myself here. I especially hope that friends and colleagues will occasionally visit these pages, read and react to what I have to say. 

  Now it seems inevitable that I would have to use this medium of communication I have patiently waded through the set-up process to learn just how things work. I will give you some basics for navigating the swamp located at this end of the blogesphere, in case you are a newbie, like me.
   When you first arrive at the edge of the blog spot, you will see my "published" articles, by date, situated on the  side of the main page (most recent appear first). You should not have to log into anything to see this, once you have followed the web address, https://WilliamRMorrow.blogspot.com. If you use the https:// part , all our communication is encrypted to meet the requirements of this day in age.   At the end of each of my postings, you will see a place for your contribution, "Post a comment" and a blank box in which to write your reactions, contributing ideas, comments, questions. Everyone who then visits my blog will see your comments. If you want your  comments to be private, you should not post here, but send me an email in the usual way: wmorrowmft@embarqmail.com.    On the right side of the main page is the "Blog Archive" of previous posts by me, which may not show up until you click on one. Though there will be more with time, rght now there are just a few, and they will all be visible as described above.   There may be other useful things around the page to click on, but as a basic blogcommentator you probably wont need them. There is a way for you, the visitor, to create a direct path to this blog so you can access it readily, but I haven't figured that out yet. Good luck and let me know your feedback. I want it to be user friendly.May you always stand on solid ground, but don't be afraid to get your feet wet! This could be fun as well as enlightening for both of us.

3 comments:

  1. An easy direct path is to just save your URL. You can copy it to a text document and save it on your desktop or an email to yourself. There may be other more sophisticated ways to save a direct link to your blog but this works. I'm looking forward to future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the URL "williamrmorrow.blogspot.com"? How else would a person find the page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas so far. I'm not sure what your android computer looks like on the Home page's upper left task bar, but mine lists a "Bookmarks" tab. If I scroll down on that, I can create a "Blogs" folder, and add your blog to find it easily. (However, I don't know how to save it on an iPad or Mac; that's up to you iPad/Mac fans.)

    Looking forward to your next postings! Thanks for making it easy for us to get around your blog!

    ReplyDelete